Question: Is it possible to do a price increase on all our products in one step? Instead of having to go into each individual product in raise the price we’d like to do a 4% increase across the board.
- Open Items to the Products view or a filtered view if you are doing a select group of products.
- Highlight the products you want to change.
- Copy the selection (Command key + C on a Mac or Control key + C on a PC)
- Open Excel select cell A1 and paste (Command + V or Control + V)
- Note the first row will be headers listing MW field names [Green Arrow]
- Find SellPrice column [Red arrow] and make your changes adding e.g. adding 4%
- Although you could just highlight the entire spreadsheet > copy and then paste back into the MW Items List, it might be easier for you to take a few extra steps.
- Go to file menu in excel and Save the file as a Tab Delimited Text file [Orange arrow]
- Location Desktop
- Drag the file from the Desktop and drop it on the open MW Item List and an Import Field Order window will open
- [Note: this is also known as a MW Import Map]
- Purple arrow – Click the drop down menu arrow next to the Load button
- Blue arrow – Choose Default
- Red Rectangle – Make sure the File Format is “Tabs with field names” as shown
- Green arrow – Click the Options button
- Red arrow – the Options window will open
- Blue arrow – Check Update if Exists, Click Ok to Options window
- Black arrow – Click Ok to the Import Map
- A MW activity window will open where MW will check the import setup
- When complete, if no errors Click Import button [Yellow arrow]
- MW will import the data
- When the import is complete as shown by the status bar [Green rectangle]
- Click the Close button [Orange arrow]
The Items list will now show the new Selling price [Red rectangle]
- If in a shared environment, you must be in single user mode (the only one on the system)
- You must have full access in privileges
- If you are using Numbers instead of excel, you save the Numbers file as c.s.v. format (comma separated values]
- Remove the first row (Headers) from the Numbers spreadsheet
- Choose “Comma – delimited” as the File Format [Red rectangle] of the MW Import Map
If you are not as confident as you would like to be with importing records into MW, create a copy/backup of the company file and practice the export/import on that file before going live. The most time consuming part of process is adjusting the spreadsheet to the new prices.
Or as a last resort, hire a MW consultant, with very reasonable prices, to import the adjusted spreadsheet into the company file for you. 🙂